RE: [Rabbits] Straw Poll: Wiki Attendance Frequency

  • From"Seth Ruskin" <rathorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 27 Aug 2007 16:39:16 -0400
Furthermore, I have already run into "get everyone's agreement"
requests, when I have merely *proposed* something, not even made the
change permanent. And so I leave the proposal as a proposal, maybe
mention it here... and wait a month for anyone to counter or ratify it.

The problem I (for one) am facing is that I am  waiting for feedback
that, apparently, will never happen: people are not ratifying any
proposals nor are they offering alternative ideas (I see now why: almost
no one goes there and checks Recent Changes for new discussions). It's
just me and the crickets, as I spin out paragraph after paragraph on
planning Talk pages....

Set a deadline ("Voice your opinion by date X.") and assume silence = agreement... or at least as "abstains from expressing an opinion". This is work by a committee where most of the members aren't checking in on a regular basis. So those people who aren't looking have to have the ability to quietly abstain. If they object later, they can put up a proposal themselves and get feedback from the active members.

Now you can see trouble?before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507