[Rabbits] Rabbit wiki downtime

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 17 Oct 2007 20:45:26 -0400
I just want to notify everyone that my ISP is updating their core routers, so there will be a brief period (30 minutes-2 hours) of downtime on Friday night for the Rabbit wiki.

Here's the full message:
This Friday, October 19th, 2007 at 10:00PM Pacific time we will be performing emergency maintenance on our core routers. We are going to be upgrading the operating system on one of our core routers in our main facility, and one primary distribution router at our LAX facility. The total downtime shouldn’t be much longer than it takes these to reboot into the newer operating system, and reestablish the links to the outside world. The maintenance window is two hours, though we hope everything from a network standpoint will be completed in 30 minutes.

These upgrades will address many of the issues we have been having over the past months. Cisco has recommended this version of IOS to potentially solve a network flooding issue we have seen intermittently, and if it does not, will allow us to escalate the case even further. The upgrade will also give us support for new hardware we have purchased for the routers themselves, increased diagnostic gathering capability, and bring online our redundant supervisor line card.

We apologize for the short notice and overall inconvenience of this upgrade, however this will hopefully fix various outstanding bugs that crop up during the day. We are attempting to do as much as possible with this reboot to minimize further downtime.

All systems will be affected by this upgrade.