Re: [Rabbits] Giant Zendo, etc. @ Arisia

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 15 Jan 2008 16:59:39 -0500
On Jan 15, 2008, at 3:51 PM, E Zuckerman wrote:

Arisia Giant stashes are non-standard colors, specifically to not
conflict with the nearby giant stashes that sometimes make it to
the
con (i.e. Columbia gamers: Red, Blue, White, Cardboard. I don't
know
what colors Phoenix has).

  I think I saw a picture on their website -- linked from Michael
Whitehouse's LJ info page at http://fireheart.livejournal.com/profile
-- that looked like (IIRC) the standard colors.  (Michael Whitehouse
is the person who's in charge of gaming, making all those posts to
the Arisia LJ community.)

Actually, he's the Programming Chair, not Gaming, but yes, I believe Phoenix Games has the standard colors. I've asked if he or someone else can bring them with him, so we'll see if that ends up happening. I am without a car, so I don't have the ability to pick them up myself; if anyone else happens to be going through Western Mass on their way to Arisia and could pick up the pyramids, let me know in case Michael can't get them to Arisia himself.

  In my pre-con purchasing, I picked up some (~30 each color) white
and black balloons at my dollar store (They don't have colored cups
like Eeyore's does, so I came up with this on the spot.).  Verrrrry
slightly inflated, with about 3 hex nuts inside for weight, they make
a decent marking stone.   :-D   Add that to some tabletop-sized
guessing stones (e.g., my polymer clay stones, standard glass stones,
or my Last Guessing Stones of Krypton, if I remember them), and we're
in business.  (Some assembly required, as you might infer.)

Ah, that sounds excellent.

Also, do I need to supply standard sized
Looney games this year? (e.g., the happy backpack?) Let me know.

  I will bring some of my stuff, probably a bag of pyramids, regular
Fluxx, Zombie Fluxx... anything we don't have?  Maybe I could bring
the Polyglot Fluxx Assortment (Japanese, German, Spanish), if we
think there's call for it.  I brought every variety of Fluxx except
Stoner to LosCon, and people were all about the Zombies... just a
data point.

I will have my unPurple bag full of tabletop sized Looney games with me. It includes most Looney games, though I don't have absolutely all of the Fluxx variants.