Re: [Rabbits] How opaque are the volcano boards?

  • From"Mr. Desireable" <thewiikendwarrior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 24 May 2008 18:40:46 -0600
the LED board is pretty easy to set up. I've made a couple LED game boards in my days. Well add me to the interested list.

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Jennifer Waddington <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark me down as another interested in seeing the end result. I have the plans for my own illuminated one but still have never gotten around to building it (in desperation I built a mirror board with 1" tiles in the end) so would love to see a finished project.
I'm afraid that I've gone for a steampunk look; the box parts are dark wood and brass with a frosted glass board (expensive part but worth it). I have yet to save up for the LEDs!

Jennifer

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:02:31 -0500
> From: o0ojessio0o@xxxxxxxxx
> To: rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Rabbits] How opaque are the volcano boards?

> I just had an idea for a really sweet thing to do. You know the game
> Volcano? Also how most of the Icehouse pyramids are clear? It would be
> really cool to make a volcano game board out of a translucent plastic
> and stick LED's under it to illuminate the pyramids. I know it's a
> long shot, but is the white part of the plastic volcano boards you can
> buy let any light through? I know some white plastic is more
> translucent than opaque. I'd probably have to make it all from
> scratch, but it'd be real nice if I could just assemble some kind of
> light box under the board instead of making the board from scratch.
>
> Thanks guys!

Get fish-slapping on Messenger! Play Now