[Rabbits] One of our own needs good thoughts/wishes/and perhaps help

  • FromCarol Townsend <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Aug 2009 23:33:20 -0500
A Rabbit is in trouble and at the very least needs our good thoughts/prayers/energy heading her way.

Melissa DePlanche's is a Rabbit from Kentucky.  You may have met her at Origins where she made a suit of armor from leftover Aquarius pages a couple of years ago.  She's a vibrant, wonderful person and my friend.  Her rabbit roster is here:
(http://www.looneylabs.com/OurCommunity/Rosters/Rabbit/index.html?RabbitUserID=Isolde_deely)

Her home was flooded today.  I found out about it through LiveJournal, and you can read the account here:
http://isolde-deely.livejournal.com/228821.html

The worst paragraph of it is:
"The water has stopped flowing down the stairs. The water is even to the level of the steps.The basement is flooded. One of my dressers is floating. All my clothes, as well as Foxwit's and most of Nez's. All of our games - board games, magic cards, rpg books and modules, dice. Card games....all is under water. The washer, dryer, hot water heater, furnace - Nez's bike, all under water..."

I've asked what friends can do to help and haven't heard back yet.  If you'd like to be kept informed, ping me OFFlist please.  If I hear of others who are organizing help, I will coordinate with them as well.

Please do send up some good energy for Melissa.  They're going to be going through a very rough time in the near future as they pick up their lives again.

thanks
Carol

--
Carol Townsend