Re: [Rabbits] 10 years ago today

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Sep 2011 07:41:17 -0400
I was in class, and none of us knew what was happening. When we broke for lunch, someone went on CNN and saw the news about the Pentagon.

We didn't know about the Twin Towers until hours later. It was tough to finish class that day, then completely crazy for weeks after, as I work on a Federal facility.

As horrified as I was at the events of September 11th, I the fear I felt was not fear of terrorists, it was well-founded fear of power-grabs by Congress. I was angry to see the memories of those lost that day sullied by tyranny.

Topher