Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] early Magic days

  • FromKristin Looney <klists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 19 Nov 2006 07:09:02 -0500
--On Nov 17, 2006  Carlton Noles <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had a lot of fun playing all rat decks or all bird
decks or other themes.

I made a rat deck once...  but my favorite was the bear deck I made
for Andy for his birthday many moons ago.  I traded like crazy, even
one trade of some silly rare card I didn't care about for something
like 20 bears from someone online - and I made a deck that was ALL
bears.  Later we turned it into a playable deck - but this was a
deck of all one single card - all common bears.  I shrinkwrapped it
again, so it looked like a new sealed deck, and wrapped it up and
gave it to Andy for his birthday.  It was during that window between
Alpha and Beta, when it was impossible to just buy cards...  so a
new sealed deck was an exciting present. He ripped it open, to see
what cards he got in his deck... and everyone was trying to watch
to see his expression - without letting on that they were watching
since everyone knew about this crazy present of mine since I had
completely cornered the market on bears in our local magic circles
trying to get enough to make an entire deck of bears.

Very silly, but very fun.  I also collected Moxes in those early
days, for an artifact only deck, which proved to be a much less
silly adventure...

-Kristin