Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] RE: Home at Last

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 26 Feb 2007 21:43:58 -0500
LOL.. Well, Bagels are pretty trendy these days... with Lattes....  --Kimberly

On 2/26/07, Benjamin Kleber <benjamin.kleber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You'd think that, wouldn't you?

I'm from a Jewish family, we had some Israeli cousins coming to visit
- they did the tour of all their U.S. relatives. When they got to New
York City, all the family members made them bagels with cream cheese
and lox for breakfast, because that's stereotypical jewish breakfast
food there. In Washington, D.C., my parents gave them bagels with
cream cheese and lox. Florida, the grandparets gave them bagels with
cream cheese and lox. And when my cousins went back to Israel,
apparently everyone wanted to know what the trendy american food was.
Their answer? Naturally, that the most stereotypically american food
they had had all over the east coast was bagels with cream cheese and
lox.

Go figure.....

Benjamin