Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] Game idea

  • From"Nick Lamicela" <nupanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 9 Mar 2008 19:17:26 -0400
Okay, I had a weird idea and I'd just like to toss it out here:

A game that contains the core elements to combine any kind of games together: Board game, trading card game, tile game, playing card game (icehouse maybe?), and luck games. The idea would be to gradually combine as many games as possible, with rules letting you switch between the game worlds. The players could be little anthropomorphic shape-shifting thingies that can flop between games and control the pieces adequetly. Even if I never work out the rules for this massive game, I could probably make a comic based on the idea of little creatures playing games in a world containing all the classical game elements. I'd call it, "compatible systems" or "The Everything Game" and there'd be a whole set of metagame rules about game creation.