Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Berwyn Heights Mayor Targeted in Drug Raid

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 02 Aug 2008 22:47:51 -0400
Info for locals who might want to attend -- there'll be a canine memorial service tomorrow afternoon at Lake Artemesia:

SSDP holds canine memorial service for dogs killed during drug raid (Berwyn Rd. & Ballew Ave, College Park MD)

On Tuesday evening, a police SWAT team executed a no-knock drug raid on the home of Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo. In the process, officers shot and killed Calvo’s two black Labrador Retrievers - Payton & Chase - almost immediately upon entry into the house.

No drugs were found in the Calvo residence, no arrests were made, no charges have been filed.

Join Students for Sensible Drug Policy for a canine memorial service to express our solidarity with the Calvo family and to voice our opposition as a community to such abuses of police force.

This tragedy did not need to happen and should not be considered acceptable police practice.

Bring your dogs!

5pm - Sun. Aug. 3rd - Lake Artemesia
(parking at Berwyn Rd. & Ballew Ave., College Park MD)

Please dress formally.

For more information, please contact Stacia (stacia@xxxxxxxx) and/or Irina (reformdrugpolicy@xxxxxxxxx)