Looney Labs Weekly Mailing list Archive

wwNEWS - No More SASEs Please

  • FromKristin Looney <customer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 18 Jun 2006 23:13:42 -0400
this week in our news...
<http://www.wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2006/WN.06.15.06.html>

What's New?
-----------
- Promo Cards can now be ordered individually!
- The Promo Card Index has been totally over-hauled
- Treehouse Rules Handout PDF (front & back)
- The Just Desserts Dessert List has 19 new artists signed up!?
- GinohnNews: On The First Noelle
- The Ember Update: Truth, PDF DeCom, Dickerson Wedding

Testimonial of the Week

"I want to give a testimonial about NanoFictionary. I do mental health work with disadvantaged children and teens, and have found this game to be an excellent therapeutic tool. It gives my clients a chance to use the elements of storytelling for a bit of projection, and the game is very flexible, allowing me to give such instructions as 'let's make up stories where somebody is feeling disappointed,' etc. Actually, the set I am ordering right now is for the teens at the Unitarian church I attend. I have been using the game to get them to tell stories about principled and un-principled behavior. They enjoy using the game because of the humor and playfulness of the cards, and it ends up making a good forum for discussion. I have also used Fluxx therapeutically, to work with kids who are not very flexible, and get them to think about social situations where rules and goals are often changing. Thanks for creating such wonderful games. They have been fun to play in my personal life, as well as an important resource in my professional work! You should consider developing more games that can be used therapeutically. There are a few companies that do it, but they are often lacking in cleverness and whimsy, which make them far less appealing to kids (and therapists!)" -- Bela S. of Rutland, VT

Regular Features

- This Week on eBay: Original Artwork for Jewish Fluxx Keeper, "Torah"
- Haiku Movie Review: Dodgeball  :)
- Tirade's Choice: The Dragon Is Watching You

Come play with us ... http://www.wunderland.com/

-Kristin (of the Looney variety)