Looney Labs Weekly Mailing list Archive

wwNEWS - Cursed Trees and Night Forests

  • FromKristin Looney <customer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 30 Sep 2006 13:45:23 -0400
this week in our news...
<http://www.wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2006/WN.09.28.06.html>

What's New?
-----------
- New Product: Are You A Werewolf? Third Edition
- GinohnNews: nerdy fitness freaks, and meta-metabolism

Testimonial of the Week

"If you want to teach students to be flexible, adaptable, information literate people, I can think of few games more suited to that task than Fluxx. Why? Well, Fluxx is a pretty simple game. There is only one rule, you see, you draw one card and then you play one card. That's it. How do you win? I don't know...nobody has played a card that allows someone to win. We will have to wait and see what develops. Understanding and applying rules to master a situation, really the heart of gaming, also happens to be a critical skill in information literacy. What is Internet searching but trying multiple paths and working through ever-shifting information tracks? Game play for Fluxx varies greatly depending on the cards, but an average game length is probably about 15 minutes. There is also a new science based version of Eco-Fluxx." -- review of Fluxx at the official web log of the American Association of School Librarians

Regular Features

- This Week on eBay: Stoner Fluxx First Edition, New & Unopened
- Haiku Movie Review: Kingdom of Heaven  :)
- Tirade's Choice: Hopelessly Wrong Predictions

Come play with us ... http://www.wunderland.com/

-Kristin (of the Looney variety)