Looney Labs Aquarius Mailing list Archive

[Aquarius] doubles Aquarius

  • FromAlison <alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 07 Sep 2005 15:01:23 -0400

I'm on a roll here. Since you're going to have to sacrifice a deck or two to create these monster decks I'm imagining, what do you do with the extra goals? I wonder what would happen if you handed out doubles of goals, so that pairs of people were teamed up, but they'd have to figure out who they were teamed with? Would you have to play with exactly 10 people? I think it would always have to be an even number, and you'd have to figure out how to randomly exclude a pairs of the same goal.

But that's possible. For each time you need to hand out goals, first divide them into matching pairs, then mix up the stacks of pairs, randomly removing as many pairs as you need to get the right number of cards for the number of players, without looking at which goals are out. Then mix up the remaining pairs into single mixed up cards and hand them out.

Then you could play a 6 (or 8 or 10) player game, without even having to add an element. This might be a totally stupid idea, but it would be interesting to try at any rate. Maybe once.

Whew... I think I'm done.  I should really work now.
Thanks for humoring my ramblings.
Think this will get some talk on the list?
(even if only to shoot down my ramblings)
:)

-Alison