Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] Uber Chrononauts

  • FromJonathan Cogan <coganjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 18 Dec 2005 20:06:47 -0500
I was thinking about an updated version of Yuri (1969' 1991' 1995)

Basically, eliminate the need for 1995 (I don't see the connection) and add a dependency on 1804' (Russia buys Louisiana Purchase) and 1861 - because it ripples 1867 (If the Alaska purchase is flipped, the Cuba purchase becomes possible, which could weaken communism's hold).

That also got me thinking - if 1867 is paradoxed and patched with the Cuba Purchase, 1962 (Cuba Missile Crisis) should ripple. It doesn't make sense if Cuba is part of the US :) - Have there been any other thoughts on cross-timeframe ripples?

Another idea I had would be someone from a future with terrible food. Requirements could be 1773' (Boston Cake Riot - awakens Britain to their need for better food?) 1780 (French Arrive - if they are destroyed, their influence in the world will decrease) 1939' (Fairgoers Enjoy German Cake), 1943 (Unless Japan is completely defeated in WWII, sushi will never become popular).

Also with the time-line overlap, there probalbly is some room for an ID that focuses on events between 1861 and 1904 - maybe a historical reinactor?