Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

RE: [Chrononauts] Chrononauts 2000

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 21 Feb 2006 23:58:11 -0700
> I and some rabbiting friends of mine cooked up this 1-row addition to the
Chrononauts timeline based on the events of the past six years, with some
odd predictions and alternate historical scenarios for the next thirteen.
> http://web.njit.edu/~pjo3/fluxx/chrono2k.htm
> I've also written up four Nanofics to go along with the new events.
> I know the Looneys are very sensitive about current events--we don't want
to offend anyone touched by these events by treating them so lightly--but
it's an interesting exercise anyway.

> Thoughts? Discussion? Suggestions? Raging controversy? Go ahead. :)
---------------------------
That was totally wicked!
I like how you pulled in a Linchpin from the past (1937) to tie this row in
to the rest of the TimeLine.

I made my own Post-1999 TimeLine set, but it differs greatly from yours in
that it doesn't refer to anything before it or from the future.

Here it is:

Dec 13, 2000 - George W. Bush Elected - Ballot tampering suspected but not
proven - Ripples: 2003, 2004
-----------
Sep 11, 2001 - World Trade Center Destroyed - Terrorists crash hijacked
airliners into Twin Towers and The Pentagon - Ripples: 2002, 2003
-----------
Feb 04, 2002 - Enron Scandal - In months following WTC attack, consumer
confidence continues to plummet - Paradoxed if: 2001'
-----------
Mar 18, 2003 - US Invades Iraq - American military searches for Saddam
Hussein - Paradoxed if: 2000' & 2001'
-----------
Nov 02, 2004 - Bush Re-Elected - Thanks to clever tampering, Texas Terrorist
continues to rape America - Paradoxed if: 2000'
-----------
Feb 03, 2006 - Ferry Sinks in Red Sea - Fire in parking bay sinks ship;
hundreds drown - Ripples: 2008, 2011

Dec 13, 2000' - Al Gore Elected - Dozens of politicians arrested after
caught tampering with election - Ripples: 2003, 2004
-----------
Sep 11, 2001' - Multiple Hijackings Thwarted - Brave passengers stop
terrorist attacks on several major US buildings - Ripples: 2002, 2003
-----------
Mar 11, 2002' - Space Needle Destroyed - Terrorists crash hijacked airliner
into famous Seattle building - Nullified if: 2001
-----------
Mar 18, 2003' - Gore Begins Peace Talks - President meets with Middle East
leaders to discuss non-aggression pact - Nullified if: 2000' or 2001'
-----------
Feb 07, 2004' - Hydrogen Engine Perfected - US drastically reduces its
dependency on Middle East oil - Nullified if: 2000
Feb 03, 2006' - Bomb Explodes in Red Sea - Seven passengers on nearby ferry
injured - Ripples: 2008, 2011

The 2000 Linchpin shows the Republican_Elephant and the Democrat_Donkey
facing off.
The 2001 Linchpin shows an airplane heading for the World Trade Center, but
I moved the right-side building so that it's diagonal to the other one.
The 2006 Linchpin shows a ship sinking (like on 1912 or 1915) with flames
rising from it instead of with an iceberg or sub in the foreground.