Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Eco] BS on the BS

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 30 Jan 2007 13:14:54 -0500
ginohn writes:
 > Incidentally, the article, titled "Recycling is Garbage," broke the
 > New York Times Magazine's hate mail record, according to
 > Wikipedia. A series of rebuttals to some of the article's claims
 > can be found here:
 > <http://www.environmentaldefense.org/documents/611_ACF17F.htm#summary>.

Thanks for this link, it really goes into detail about each of the
points raised.  I would be interested in seeing rebuttals to this
report, if there are any, but otherwise I think it's clear that Penn &
Teller got sucked in by the bullshit in that NYTM article.  (I wonder,
though, if their data about methane reclamation is out of date, or if
the landfill shown in the video is an exception to the norm.)

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx