Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Eco] BS on the BS

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 31 Jan 2007 10:59:57 -0500
ginohn writes:
 > The fact that I had to dig for their sources, and that they
 > gathered those sources from a small bandpass in the political
 > spectrum indicates to me that P&T knew what they doing, and didn't
 > want the viewers to catch on before they were sucked in to P&T's
 > meme.

My guess was that it wasn't malicious, they aren't being deliberately
dishonest, just that they were eager to buy into the idea that
recycling was a waste because it would be fun to point and laugh at
how stupid people are for believing it wasn't.  So they saw some other
people who seemed to know what they were talking about (i.e. not
obvious cranks) who were anti-recycling, and that was enough for them.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx