Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

[Eco] regarding the pledge card...

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Apr 2007 10:30:08 -0400
I'd just like to note that we never really meant to have these extra pledge cards as such. Due to an unfortunate error on the part of our card printer, the pledge card in the EcoFluxx deck got screwed up, and to make it up to us, our printer ran off a pile of replacement cards for us to insert, 1 each, into each deck, as a sort of patch. (It's a painful subject for us, as you might imagine.) Anyway, they made us a lot more of them than we needed, so we've been looking for creative ways to use them. If we'd been making these specifically as handouts, they'd have been different, but we had to take them as they made them...

-- Andy

'Becca wrote:

You know, I think the actual pledge you wrote is beautiful, but I won't
hand out those cards because the later part of the text (a) does not
explain what EcoFluxx is, which is confusing to people who don't know,
and (b) is essentially an ad for EcoFluxx, and as much as I love Looney
Labs, I think that handing people ads for Earth Day is cheezy, and urging
people to buy more stuff is contrary to the whole idea.  When it's time
for a new print run, how about putting just the pledge and then a little
EcoFluxx logo and tagline and the foundation URL?

The card as it currently exists makes perfect sense for inclusion with
EcoFluxx decks.  It does not make sense as something to hand people on
the street.  And what happens to things handed out on the street that
don't make sense?  They become litter!
		---'Becca