Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Eco] Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Get Sued

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 26 Mar 2008 11:53:28 -0700

On Wednesday, January 30, 2008, at 11:55AM, "Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Jan 30, 2008 11:26 AM, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, January 30, 2008, at 11:18AM, "Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> I imagine keeping up with who had how much trash is a book keeping
>>> nightmare not to mention time consuming, but it sure would cut down
>>> on waste (hopefully) as long as ppl continued to properly dispose of it.  --Maria
>>
>> No, just like keeping track of who mailed how many letters with the postal
>> service (they don't care).  Just like buying stamps for letters, you buy
>> trash tags for two bucks each, one of which you attach to each can you want
>> picked up.
>
>So it's a paid in advanced system & they only pick up bags with tags?
>That's brilliant!  :)

Brilliant, and canceled.  Apparently the county board of directors decided to cancel this service.  Now I'll have to pay for an all-you-can-trash weekly service that will encourage me to be apathetic about my household trash output. :(