Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Making Games

  • From"William M. Reed" <wreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 13 Aug 2006 10:56:00 -0400
Hm.  I'm really not sure how to reply.  I can't think of any way to describe it more clearly except maybe to say take 10 index cards and draw a line that divides each in half lengthwise.  Take 10 more and draw a line that divides them in half from side-to-side.  Take a third group of ten and divide them into fourths so that each section is a small rectangle.

Do you have a deck of Aquarius cards?  If so, you'll be dividing the index cards in exactly the same way and number as there are in the Aquarius deck.

To write the names, if that's the part you're unclear on, I'm again not sure what else to say.  There are ten cards that have one animal name written on them.  Two will be fish, two amphibians, two reptiles, two birds, and two mammals.  The illustration shows this as two cads with the letter F, two with the letter A, two with the letter R, two with the letter B, and two with the letter M.

The remaining 30 are all unique.  As shown in the illustration.  There are no repeated combinations.  I'm too lazy to describe all 30, so maybe someone else will step and write out detailed step-by-step instructions, if you still don't understand what I mean.  :-)

Lazy Bill
William M. Reed
St. Joseph Montessori School
933 Hamlet St.