Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Making Games

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 13 Aug 2006 11:25:39 -0400
Like I said, you COULD use the word in the context of your directions/examples, so I wasn't sure.

Magi

William M. Reed wrote:

Heh. Actually, I purposely chose adopted, because I didn't really "adapt" or change anything significant, and I didn't really want to say "stolen" from Aquarius.

So, I was using the definition:
a·dopt vt

3. to take over something such as an idea that originated elsewhere and use it as your own

Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

:-)

Bill

William M. Reed
St. Joseph Montessori School