Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

RE: [Edu] Making Games

  • From"Kate Jones" <kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 15 Aug 2006 10:24:21 -0400
It's a subtle difference in meaning, but here I think "adapted" would be
more correct, since you are substituting/changing the images (that's
significant!), while importing the layout and game concept. To have
"adopted" it would have meant using it in its original form. Still, you're
the author, Bill, so you get to make the call!

-- Kate

-----Original Message-----
From: edu-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:edu-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William M. Reed
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 11:02 AM
To: Looney Labs Education Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Edu] Making Games

Heh.  Actually, I purposely chose adopted, because I didn't really "adapt"
or change anything significant, and I didn't really want to say "stolen"
from Aquarius.

So, I was using the definition:

a.dopt vt

3. to take over something such as an idea that originated elsewhere and use
it as your own

EncartaR World English Dictionary C 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

:-)

Bill

William M. Reed
St. Joseph Montessori School