Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] demoing edu games

  • Frompat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateThu, 16 Nov 2006 23:12:16 +0000
We demo a boatload of LL games to educators both outside and in schools.

We offer free family game nights that we have Treehouse & Fluxx available at every time, with Nanofictionary and Chrononaughts available for middle school and high school game nights.  We also bring a variety of other games that are designed for the demographics of the group, so there is plenty to do at the event.

We also demo for teachers at every opportunity we get.

To get in to the schools you have to develop a relationship with the PTO or administration.  Often they need volunteer help with acticities or in the classroom.  Once you've developed the relationship offer to host a game night or bring a game into the classroom.  Most of the time once you've run one or two events they'll ask for you to come back again.

Also at your FLGS make sure that they have a game or two ready and set up for impromptu demos.  IF a teacher comes in that has a class that a particular game may be appropriate for offer the demo, focusing on the curriculum aspects of the game as much as the rules / game play.  If you can demo it in 2 minutes or less and can hit the applicable state or local standards educators will listen and remember you, the FLGS or the game.

I hope this helps -

If you have any specific ?'s give me a email

Pat Fuge
"The Head Gnome"
Gnome Games
(920) 499-4263