Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Games club in a Cedar Rapids school

  • FromJay Forbes <jay8828@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Dec 2006 10:33:51 -0800 (PST)
At my school (elementary school), I run a monthly
Family Game Night.  This is the third year that I have
been running it and it has been quite a success.  We
have a population of about 300 students here and on a
good night have had about 100 people (parents and
family members included) attend.  I even sell snacks
and such to raise money to buy new games.

Most of the Looney Games are a staple here.  Fluxx
(regular, family and eco), Aquarius, many different
pyramid games with Treehouse being the most popular.
Chrono and Nanofic are not as common because of the
length of time to play and the age level.  The kids
love them and many of the parents enjoy them as well.

Jay