Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] February's Looney Academy is live

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Feb 2007 22:42:12 -0500
Very cool, Carol!  :)

Would you like to add some of the special education standards that I use to justify my use of the games? :) Virginia actually has content standards for all core subjects for special education students in functional classes (not that the standards are functional or address what these kids need to know... but that's a whole other soapbox!). These standards for the basis for our state exam for the students I teach, which is portfolio based. I'm pleased to say that one of the pieces of evidence we included last year was a photo of a group Fluxx game, along with a photo of the different card types. It was submitted as a science goal, for sorting and categorizing items by type. ;) Yes, the student passed proficient in Science on the exam.

Magi

Carol Townsend wrote:
Hi folks,

Just letting you know that the February edition of the Looney Academy went live last Friday. There should be a new article up each 2nd Friday of the month.

www.looneylabs.com/Academy <http://www.looneylabs.com/Academy>

thanks!
Carol