Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Gnostica question

  • From"Carol Townsend" <edu-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 26 Feb 2007 14:16:34 -0600
I used a really cheap set of Collectible Trading Card Game cards -(Looney Tunes CCG)  - and just stuck the stickers on there. It made a fun deck - actually 2, because I did both a Gnostica and a Zarcana deck.  However, this doesn't take out the tarot card aspects that are already on both the Gnostica and the Zarcana stickers.

This is, I think, something to put out onto the Icehouse list.  See if anyone else has done something like this - needed/wanted to take the tarot out of the game but still play the game.  I wonder how this would change the feel of the game - is having the royalty - marked as the tarot royalty cards are - integral to the game?  Or was it just a great jumping off point that then formed into a great game?

Explain why you're asking this - people will understand (and probably commisserate on the state of the union) as to why it's truly impossible for a teacher to bring a tarot deck into a school.  Ask if there are other work-arounds.  It would start a very useful discussion on the lists, I think.

But please do ask on the Icehouse lists - see what others (in a wider audience, who have more Gnostica players than we have here on this list, probably) have done.

Thanks for being such a great teacher, Ryan!  I look forward to your solution to this problem!

Carol