Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] wooden Fluxx boxes

  • FromChris Kice <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 14 Dec 2005 08:00:50 -0800
I ordered both sizes to check them out.  The small box perfectly fits my "uber"
Fluxx deck (custom cards, bits of 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, and tons of promos).  The large
box didn't have any practical use for me personally, so I traded it away to
another Fluxx fan on BoardGameGeek.com (who, incidentally, loved the large size).

My only complaint is that they seem to be really fragile.  I have a game bag that
holds my non-big-board games (Icehouse, Cheapass games, card games, etc.) and I
would be afraid to put the box in there for fear it would get crushed or mangled.

I still think the box is attractive (the woodburning is really well done and I
love the brass clasp), but since I almost never game at my own home (meaning all
of my games travel extensively) I don't know if I'll ever use it for holding my
main play deck.

I do have a number of "look but don't use" game items and I have put my nice
Fluxx box on that shelf (with my first and second edition copies of Nuclear War)
and went back to my custom made tuckbox (thanks to Craig's automated version of
Ee0r's box templates).

Chris