Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Experiment about tactics in Fluxx

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Apr 2006 13:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy, rabbits and all!

I've conducted a scientific study in response to one of the biggest criticisms of Fluxx... that it is too chaotic for strategy or even tactical decision making.  I wanted to quantify the amount of effect that decision making has on Fluxx.  So I played 200 2-player games of Fluxx, with one player playing normally and the other player playing completely at random.  I even measured the amount of first player advantage.  The results are posted at BoardGameGeek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/105929

---Ryan, rabbit since '05

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com