Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Interesting card interperetation...

  • From"Dan Isaac 2" <disaac2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 Apr 2006 15:07:01 -0400
Michael,

Well, one thing nice about most games (Fluxx included) is that you can
create House Rules which effect how the game is played. So yes you could
play Fluxx with a House Rule of something like: "Any mention of a players
*hand* refers to cards that they are physically holding at the time the
reference is taking effect."

However, as you pointed out, this would probably cause all sorts of freaky
behavior with some Fluxx cards and rules. Besides, in the case of House
Rules, it is helpful to have all players agree to play by those rules.
Preferable before the game starts. It sounds like your friend was trying to
get you to play by that House Rule that he just came up with.

In general, in card games, I take *hand* to mean something like: "Cards
which you have been dealt or drawn, which you have not yet played or
discarded, that are still available for you to play." So in that instance,
No, setting your cards on the table does not make it such that you have no
cards in your *hand* at that time. (Hand is referring to the collection of
cards, not your skin-&-bones,blood-&-muscle hand.)

- Dan