Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Interesting card interperetation...

  • From"Michael Ciarlillo" <monkeyjamboree@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 Apr 2006 14:16:22 -0400
I was teaching Fluxx to one of my friends I met in Japanese class (unfortunately i currently only have the english version, but i digress...), and he interpereted the "No Hand Bonus" rule oddly. He interpereted it to mean that if you dont have any cards in your hand at all at the start of your turn (meaning they could be laying on the table, or somewhere OTHER than in your hand), then you could draw an extra "hand" of 3 cards before you draw for the current draw rule... i tried to explain to him that this would cause the game to be very odd and not work right, but he insisted that he wanted to play like that. Could this be a way of playing? could it be that if you are just not holding cards when it's not your turn, you get to ignore the hand limits and other 'hand' rules?

~Mike