Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] A FLUXX PUZZLE - Corrected Solution

  • From"Anestis Kozakis" <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Sep 2006 19:02:37 +1000
Forgot the Played Card Count, andd fixed some simple counting
mistakes.  One card was Play 2, it should be a Play 4.

I just got home from work so brain was in disengaged mode.

Scroll below for corrected solution which fixes my mistakes.

On 18/09/06, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 17:45 -0500 06/09/17, Andrew Mutchler wrote:
>You're playing Fluxx 3.1 with two other players. The only New Rule
>card in play is Hand Limit 0. Nobody has any Keepers in play, or
>cards in their hand. The current goal is 10 Cards in Hand. It's your
>turn.
>
>Is there a possible arrangement of cards in the deck that would let
>you win, without changing the Goal, before the next person gets a
>turn? If so, what's the simplest arrangement (i.e., fewest specific
>cards at the top of the deck before you reach the "rest of the cards
>can be in any order" point)?
>
>I'll give my solution in a future post.

Not having seen any other solutions, this is what I came up with

So it's currently Draw 1, Play 1, Hand Lmit 0.

Start of Turn.
0 Cards in Hand.

Draw 1 Card.  it's a Draw 2 and Use Them or a Draw 3, Play 2.  Doesn't
matter which.
Play it.

1 Card played.

Drawing two cards (or 3) you would need to get the following: Draw 5,
and Play 4 (was a Play 2 in my previous post.  I made a counting
mistake)..

Play both cards, but they are not counted as part of your tuen as they
are an action of Draw 3, Play 2, or Draw 2 and Use Them.  Discard the
thid card if you used Draw 3, Play 2.

1 Card Played.
0 Cards in hand.

Draw 4 new cards due to the Draw 5.

2 Cards Played.
4 Cards in Hand.

You would want to have drawn is Inflation, so you play that.

3 Cards Played.

3 Cards in hand, but Inflation adds 1 to the Draw total, so draw another card.

4 Cards in hand.

Another card in your hand would have to be No Hand Bonus.  Play it.

4 Cards Played.
3 Cards in Hand.

Next card would have to be Take Another Turn.  Play it.

5 Cards Played.
2 Cards in hand.

You have Played 5 cards (4 +1 for the Inflation, means 5 cards played).

End of Turn, and Discard your hand due to the Hand Limit 0.

But you have played Take Another Turn, so you do.

No hand Bonus means you draw a new hand of four cards (3 + 1 for Inflation).

Then Draw 6 as the start of your new turn (Draw 5 + 1 for Inflation).

9 cards in hand.

One of those must be Jackpot, so play it.

8 cards in hand.

1 Card played as part of the new turn, but 6 cards now played in total.

Take 4 cards from the Deck because of Jackpot (3+1 for Inflation), and
you have a grand total of 12 cards in hand.

You win the game.

So, with 6 cards you can win the game when No Hand Limit and Draw 1,
Play 1 is in Effect.

>KT

Anestis (take two)

--