Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] A FLUXX PUZZLE - Corrected Solution

  • FromPenn Davies <seule@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 18 Sep 2006 13:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
The problem of using Play All to get around having cards in hand is that either you have to make sure not to draw many (which defeats the purpose of ending the round, as you'll have a smaller draw number the next round), or you'll have lots of cards played in the first round, which defeats trying to play as few as possible.

As someone else pointed out, here's the best solution currently proposed (not original to me, but redone without directly referencing theirs, so it may not exactly match):

1) Inflation (1 card left, 1 play left)
2) Draw 2[3] and Use 'Em (0 cards in actual hand, 0 plays left)
    3) Draw 5[6] (4 cards in hand, 0 plays)
    4) Jackpot (8 cards in hand, 0 plays)
    5) Lets try That Again - Jackpot (12 cards in hand, 0 plays, win)

Can anyone find fault with this? Technically it's only two actual counted plays, as steps 2-5 are all one card and its effects.

  --Penn