Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] new Holy Fluxx pitch pages

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 21 Nov 2006 13:16:53 -0600
OK, I'm a new Rabbit, so please excuse me if what I say has been
repeated elsewhere...

Who is that page aimed at?  is it for the punter or retailer?

I'm guessing the retailer, given the "buy it" link goes through to a
page that suggests a display set.  However, in my opinion, it looks
like that first page is suggesting "Hey, buy Christian Fluxx - only $2
(just look at the price circle on the info card)" and then the next
page it's much more clear that you need to buy a Fluxx deck too.  But
if I were a retailer, what's the incentive for me to buy a $2
expansion for $2?  I can't mark it up, as the price is listed on the
expansion itself.  But I also may not have any idea how well it might
sell, and thus not be tempted to get the display box.  ANd what's the
size of the display box?  Maybe it wouldn't work with my set up.  If
you really are aiming it at retailers, they need some incentive to be
able to make their first purchase worth it.

A suggestion, then, might be something like:
"Interested?  Not sure?  Want to know more?  Request a free
demonstration" and then a for where they can enter their details, and
then Carol can find a local demo rabbit to contact the store to
arrange to go in and demo the game.

You might also want to add in the main text something about it
bringing families together (which is typically a fairly big value in
Christian and Jewish households).  The side bar has "addictive fun for
the whole family" which conveys that it's suitable for everyone, but
(to my mind) doesn't convey that it is a great way to bring family
together around the table.

Just some thoughts..

Timothy
RabBrit (and Christian)