Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] new Holy Fluxx pitch pages

  • FromChris Kice <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 21 Nov 2006 13:36:35 -0800
One thing I always mention when demoing to parents is that Fluxx is great for
teaching kids how to deal with adversity and changing circumstances in their
lives.    ("Uh, oh - the goals have changed.  What do I do now?"

I specifically recall this Testimonial of the Week from last year:

"Fluxx involves a variety of school-appropriate activities and skills. Like any
good game, especially one with elements of strategy and abstraction, Fluxx is a
good exercise for mental agility. Like chess, it promotes prediction with limited
information and problem solving with limited resources. By the nature of its
play, Fluxx involves all of the following skill areas: Kinesthetic learning,
Number sense, Problem-solving, Reading comprehension, and Social skills. Fluxx,
like any well-designed game, offers many real opportunities for learning. Bounce
off some teachers and parents the factors just listed and see if they don't find
new uses for Fluxx and other games in their classrooms and homes." -- David
Millians, "Working in Fluxx," Comics & Games Retailer, June 2005, pages 22-23

There was also a parent's magazine quote about this as well, but I can't find it
at the moment.

Chris

On Tue Nov 21 12:03 , Kristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent: