Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Hello Everyone!

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 29 Dec 2006 18:32:25 +0000
James H. wrote:
> Oh, thanks!  I actually was thinking of that, but I didn't know
> what they were called, so I just looked up Jewish musicians. Now
> that I have the proper word, I'll redo the card.

Glad to help! Sorry if I launched into lecture mode there. =^>

Timothy H. wrote:
> > A name for this goal that I think fits in more with the spirit
> > of the expansion would be "Zmiros" (zmirot, z'mirot, ??????).
> How about Klezmer?

That depends how strict you want to be about either term. Klezmer
is a style of music, and zmiros are a class of song. You can
perform zmiros in a Klezmer style, but you can have Klezmer music
that's completely secular in nature, like dance music.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx