Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Card readings w/ Fluxx decks

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 28 Sep 2007 14:08:50 -0500
First, this may be totally off-topic for Fluxx - if you wish to reply to me personally offlist, that's more than cool.

I've been invited to help at a library's pre-halloween fest which will include stories, movies and fun stuff.  Theme is: Monsters.  They need some help in the "crystal ball/card reading" section - and don't really care if it's real or fake or theatrical or serious or a mix of all of the above.

My question:  Is there anyone who has ever tried to do any "readings" with Fluxx cards?  If so, how did it go/how did you decide what would be what?  Did you match it with a "standard" tarot deck or not?  Did you use only Keepers or did you put other cards/all the cards into the deck?  Did you use a "standard" layout or devise your own?

I am planning on taking my newly aquired Zombie Fluxx decks out for a spin, and have "readings" with them... but would love to hear what others think.

Please assume good intent on all sides - I don't wish for this to get into a discussion of whether or not card reading are _____ (fill in that blank with whatever pre-conceived notion you like, positive or negative... I'm just not going there for this discussion).  I'm looking for past experiences, if there are any, and advice, if you have any.  All other bits can and should be taken off list (to: carol - dot - townsend -at- gmail -dot- com) and I welcome your thoughts.

thanks
Carol

--
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits