Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Card readings w/ Fluxx decks

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 28 Sep 2007 14:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
Carol wrote:
> My question:  Is there anyone who has ever tried to do any "readings" with
> Fluxx cards?  If so, how did it go/how did you decide what would be what?
>  Did you match it with a "standard" tarot deck or not?  Did you use only
> Keepers or did you put other cards/all the cards into the deck?  Did you use
> a "standard" layout or devise your own?

I haven't done readings with Fluxx, but I have some experience with
Tarot decks and cartomancy in general.

Remember that this is a party. Everybody wants a positive reading and
nobody will be angry if they think you're making it up.

I'd use just the Keepers (minus 'Death' and read 'War' as "Conflict"),
and do a three card "past, present, future" reading.

Have them state their question, so you know what to talk about. The
past is always full of trouble, the present is always frustrating
or aiding progress, and the future is always vaguely positive.

Question: How will my current project go?

Sample reading for cookies, sun, and rocket:

Past: I see you taking small bits of the project and not getting far.
Present: But you keep working on it a bit every day!
Future: I see you blasting forward to success.

Sample reading for milk, peace, time:

Past: It's been slow going so far, sort of "back to basics".
Present: You're OK with that, but maybe worrying under the surface.
Future: Time might be a problem, but maybe you have enough of it.

Etcetera.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx