Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Creepers and Everybody Gets 1

  • From"Rev. Bob" <redbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 Oct 2007 18:46:47 -0400
On 10/11/07, David Schuetz <david@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > When you play Everybody Gets 1, what happens if one of the cards you
> > draw is a Creeper?  Do you play it and draw a replacement, or can you
> > give it to another player who must then play it (and not draw a
> > replacement, since he did not draw it)?  I guess the question is, does
> > drawing cards as part of Everybody Gets 1 count as "holding" cards?
>
> My answer may depend on the wording of "Everybody Gets 1," but I'd say that
> it's not your zombie.  The main point of that action is you get to give everybody a
> card from the deck, and you get to choose which ones.

Certainly that is the main point, but that isn't what it says.  The
card explicitly tells you to draw X cards and distribute them, rather
than telling everyone else to draw in a sequence you select.

> Flip it around -- if it said "everybody else has to draw and keep one card" they'd
> obviously go to the other players, creepers and all, so this is exactly that
> situation but with the bonus that you get to decide who gets what.

The key difference there, of course, is the change in who's doing the
drawing.  I agree that a card phrased that way would inflict the
zombie on the hapless person who draws it, but that's not what
Everybody Gets 1 says or does.

--
Robert Hood - Hixson, TN
SJG MIB #8595 - Looney Labs Rabbit - Atlas Games Mook