Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Mixing Zombies and original Fluxx

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 13 Oct 2007 15:04:05 -0500

On 10/13/07, Anthony Kozar <anthonykozar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am looking for some casual opinions (not necessarily official rulings)
about how to play Zombie Fluxx cards when mixed with other varieties of
Fluxx.

Do you think that non-Zombie Fluxx Goals should also require you to not have
any Zombies?  This would be consistent with the idea that Creepers prevent
you from winning (a la Radioactive Potato) and would make "Coffee and
Doughnuts" works the same as "Donuts with Coffee".

I am sure that "Donuts" and "Doughnuts" should be considered the same.

Should "Brains", "The Brain", and "Andy" all be considered interchangeable?
(Similar to "Trees", "The Tree", and the other 3 Tree keepers).

This is just how I play - grain of salt and so forth...

I would be open and use a wide brush for all of these.  Yes, Donuts and Doughnuts are the same to me.  Brains, The Brain and Andy are all the same to me, as applies to the Goals that require Brain(s) of any sort.  Just like Tree and Trees, yes.

However, if the Goal doesn't say anything about Zombies present or not, then Zombies on the table don't affect that Goal.  I think I'll be going with the "if the Goal says you can't have Zombies than you can't have Zombies.  If the Goal doesn't say that, then you can win with Zombies.

The wording of Zombie Victory would seem to count non-Zombie Creepers, yes?

Absolutely.  "If there are at least 5 Creeper cards on the table...."

Would you allow any other keepers to count for "Provisions" (Coffee and
Sandwiches) ?

Provisions is a stickier one - I'd say any Coffee works, but you'd need the Sandwiches.  In other thoughts, even though Coffee and other food-type items in Zombie Fluxx are not labled "Dude, it's FOOD!" I would still count them as Food for Stoner Fluxx play.  I'd have to really think on if Brains were Food for Stoner Zombies...

I assume that "drawing" a Creeper from the bottom of the discard pile with
Composting still allows you to draw another card.

Drawing is drawing, no matter where it's drawn from.

Any other House rules that you would make?

Anthony Kozar
anthonykozar AT sbcglobal DOT net
http://anthonykozar.net/