Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Flowers + Love = All you need is love?

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:29 -0500
A player has Love and Flowers (love or death) on the table and
the goal All You Need is Love is played. Half of us think that the game is
over because the player has love and keepers that are not love, but the
other half are rules lawyers and think that 2 love keepers are
technically not "love and no other keepers".

This is a pretty tricky case, and both sides have good arguments. But I think I have to side with the rules lawyers on this one. The spirit of the AYNIL is that you win if you only have 1 Keeper and it's exactly the one you need. So even if both keepers are effectively the same thing, you still have more stuff that you're supposed to have to win with that goal.

-- Andy Looney