Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Rules question about X = X + 1

  • DateWed, 20 Feb 2008 10:47:07 -0700
> From: "Ken Johnson" <johnsk16@xxxxxxxxx>
> Do you immediately draw another card? Or do you get screwed out of it?
> I think I am the only one in our group that believes you should get to
> draw immediately, as the rule is, Draw N + 1 now. Looking to see what
> other people think.

I think this has been discussed--maybe on Wunderland, somewhere? IIRC,
the conclusion was that "X" only replaces a numeral (i.e. not a variable
or a word which is a number). This solves problems like "Play All + 1,"
which is a non-sequitur.

I might not recall correctly, though. :)
David