Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 3 Mar 2008 17:18:26 -0500 (EST)

I'm looking forward to this s[in-off of Fluxx.  I'm a minority among gamers for whom Zombies are not appealing to me.  This edition would give me all the Creeper-generated goodness that I'm missing out on.

Colons in titles are a big pet peeve of mine.  Not only does it make you look like a "Magic: the Gathering" knock-off, it's been a very overused cliche which suggests to me a lack of creativity.

So far, my favorites are Alien Fluxx and Fluxx Invaders.  (As long as the name is short and the gameplay is solid.)

---Ryan

 --- On Tue 03/04, Andy Looney < andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Andy Looney [mailto: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 02:27:32 -0500
Subject: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

Greetings Fluxx Fans!Did everyone see my article about the newest version of Fluxx we're working on?	http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.01.24.08.htmlMy alpha-test deck has been getting great reactions and we're all pretty excited about it here.However, there is one element we have doubts about: the name. While Zombies are obviously hot stuff in today's market, Martians are a little old-fashioned. I don't want to change the game itself... it's designed around the idea that these invaders are from Mars in the classic style -- never mind what NASA may think they know about the Red Planet.But we could still choose a different name... after all, the name Martian Fluxx doesn't even convey the idea that these are nasty Earth-Conquering Martians! Also of course, since we have Martian Coasters and Martian Chess it's likely to be a little confusing. So I'm becoming more and more inclined to choose another name before we get any further along in the product's development.My favorite
candidate at the moment is Invasion Fluxx. What do YOU think?Here are some of the other ideas we've been kicking around:	Alien Fluxx	Area 51 Fluxx	Fluxx Invaders	Invasion from Mars Fluxx	Fluxx: Invasion	Plan Fluxx from Outer Space	Flying Saucer Fluxx	Tripod Fluxx	Conquest of the Earth Fluxx	Under the Alien Boot-heel Fluxx	UFO FluxxAnybody got any other ideas we should be considering?-- Andy_______________________________________________Fluxx mailing listFluxx@lists.looneylabs.comhttp://lists.looneylabs.com/mailman/listinfo/fluxx

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com