Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Alien Invasion Fluxx

  • FromAnestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 5 Mar 2008 08:50:31 +1100
On 08/03/04 16:42 -0500, Andrew Plotkin gave their opinion about the topic of Re: [Fluxx] Alien Invasion Fluxx...
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Andrew Plotkin wrote:

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Christopher Hickman wrote:

On Tuesday, March 04, 2008, at 02:40PM, "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's why you should always make sure to *ground* ("earth"
for our UK friends) your shielding properly. Your foil hat
should always be connected by wire to a physical grounding
point.

Are you freaking kidding!? If you plug the thing into the ground, you're basically handing yourself over to the subterranean overlords!

Dero wish only best for surfacedwellers. Do not fear the Dero. Dero will take care of you. Do not fear noises from belowground. Surfacedwellers must wear ketchup if possible, please.

Now that I think about it, Alien Invasion Fluxx: The Invasion By Aliens would make a good platform for expansion packs. Maybe twelve cards at a time, each pack representing a *new* group of alien invaders. Each has a handful of thematic new rules and goals. (But sharing the same general ruleset, and most of the same keepers and goals.)

[snip]

Please, let's not do expansions a-la Magic: The Gathering. The thing I like about Fluxx is it's self contained and don't need extra's to play.

--Z

Anestis.

--
Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it will lead you to the dragon's lair",
Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"