Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

  • From"Scott Sulzer" <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Mar 2008 15:08:50 -0800
Sorry folks, I have one more name to put forth, and yes, it uses the
colon.:)
Fluxx: Colonization Earth
After all, we are playing as the beings from beyond the skys, we certainly
won't see ourselves as invaders.  We have never seen ourselves as invaders
when taking over a new land.  The Americas, Australia, etc...

One of the problems I can see in mixing Martian Fluxx and Zombie Fluxx is in
the theme.  In Zombie Fluxx you are humans trying to survive.  If you were
also human in Martian Fluxx, then the zombies could be reanimated servants
of the aliens.  But, since you are an alien, just how do the zombies affect
you?  Do they even like green meat?

Hmm, perhaps a set of rules set up where players are either human or alien
and the creepers for one set work as keepers for the other set?  This might
be one area where a "blender" set of cards could be added.  Something like a
set of "human/alien" role cards as well as some new goals, actions, and
rules pertaining specifically to the mix.  (However, as I haven't seen the
Martian Fluxx set, I don't know what is there yet.)

On the topic of Zombie Fluxx, I had also had an idea for a thematically
re-named Composting for use in Zombie Fluxx, Reanimation.

Ok, enough from me for now,

Scott Sulzer