Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?

  • FromAnestis Kozakis <kenosti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Mar 2008 09:23:20 +1100
On 08/03/04 02:27 -0500, Andy Looney gave their opinion about the topic of [Fluxx] Renaming Martian Fluxx?...
Greetings Fluxx Fans!

Did everyone see my article about the newest version of Fluxx we're working on?

	http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.01.24.08.html

My alpha-test deck has been getting great reactions and we're all pretty excited about it here.

However, there is one element we have doubts about: the name. While Zombies are obviously hot stuff in today's market, Martians are a little old-fashioned. I don't want to change the game itself... it's designed around the idea that these invaders are from Mars in the classic style -- never mind what NASA may think they know about the Red Planet.

But we could still choose a different name... after all, the name Martian Fluxx doesn't even convey the idea that these are nasty Earth-Conquering Martians! Also of course, since we have Martian Coasters and Martian Chess it's likely to be a little confusing. So I'm becoming more and more inclined to choose another name before we get any further along in the product's development.

My favorite candidate at the moment is Invasion Fluxx. What do YOU think?

Here are some of the other ideas we've been kicking around:
	Alien Fluxx
	Area 51 Fluxx
	Fluxx Invaders
	Invasion from Mars Fluxx
	Fluxx: Invasion
	Plan Fluxx from Outer Space
	Flying Saucer Fluxx
	Tripod Fluxx
	Conquest of the Earth Fluxx
	Under the Alien Boot-heel Fluxx
	UFO Fluxx

Anybody got any other ideas we should be considering?

My preference is Fluxx Invasion, without the Colon.

Alternatively, Alien Fluxx.

-- Andy

Anestis.
--
Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it will lead you to the dragon's lair",
Samurai Jack - "Where does the other path go?"