Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Alien Invasion Fluxx

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Mar 2008 11:40:12 -0800 (PST)
Christopher Hickman wrote:
> > Plus there will also now be a way to counter this power --
> > if you have the Aluminum Foil Hat Keeper, your opponent
> > cannot use the Telepathic Translator against you!
>
> Depends on the wavelength, man... Tinfoil hat isn't 100%. ;)

It also depends on the frequency. Bad shielding can amplify
certain frequencies. Think about when you sing in the shower
and if the size of the stall is a perfect multiple of a note's
frequency, that note resonates and sounds louder. That happens
with electromagnetic waves, too.

That's why you should always make sure to *ground* ("earth"
for our UK friends) your shielding properly. Your foil hat
should always be connected by wire to a physical grounding
point.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx