Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Favorite/Least favorite cards

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 10 Mar 2008 09:55:21 -0400 (EDT)

For me, Fluxx hits its sweet spot with Draw 5, Play All, No-Hand Bonus.  Lots of cards to use, and you get to use all of them, and it takes a clever programmer to know what order to most effectively play them in.

But my favorite card, the one I go out of my way to play even if it's not a good idea, is Draw 2 and Use 'Em.  They're even more fun when you chain them together, using a D2&UT to play a Draw Three and Use Two of Them, hee hee!

Keeper Limits are never welcome on my table.  I think they are guilty of stretching the play time indefinitely, the culprit behind those exhausting 45-minute Fluxx sessions.  They put many negatives into the game while adding scant positives.

---Ryan

 --- On Sun 03/09, Scott Sulzer < ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Scott Sulzer [mailto: ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx]
To: fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:55:59 -0700
Subject: [Fluxx] Favorite/Least favorite cards

Hello all,

Just wanted to throw out for discussion, what are
your favorite and/or least favorite cards in Fluxx, and why.

If it?s a specific card, please include the
Fluxx type and version, in case it isn?t included in other versions.

Personally, I find steal/trash a keeper to be the
most annoying, as you don?t even get a choice in the matter.  At
least with keeper limits you are allowed to choose which cards are disposed of.

My favorite, at this point, would have to be the
empty hand bonus.  It works great, in my opinion, whenever the draw is
lower than the play, or play all is in effect.

How about you?

Scott Sulzer