Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Hooray! "Everything is Better with Beer" finally used!

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 27 Mar 2008 13:48:40 -0500
My main Fluxx deck is filled with blanxx cards and promo cards, and my deck is roughly twice the size of a normal deck of Fluxx--I'm just about filling the large Fluxx Boxx. As a result, a few of my cards never actually work in play (see He Who Dies With The Most Toys). I am proud to announce that, yesterday, Everything is Better With Beer was finally used to win the game!

Everything is Better with Beer - For any goal that lists two or more specific Keepers for a single player to have on the table, Beer may be substituted for any of those Keepers. Ignore this rule if any player has Death or the Bible on the table.

A member of my weekly gaming group used this rule to fulfil the goal Peace on Earth. He had Earth and Beer, signifying that if the whole world has beer, we won't need peace.

This incident has brought to my attention that, with such a large deck of cards, the chance of Beer and EiBwB being on the table at the same time is slim. For this reason, I will be striking out the last sentence of the card that mentions Death and the Bible. I used it for game balance reasons, but it is self-defeating in my case. If anyone chooses to use this card (along with the corresponding Beer keeper) in a more traditionally sized deck, I suggest leaving the clause in.

I just wanted to share with you all our group's joy in finally seeing this card in action. It's no fun to make a cool new card and never have it come up--although I fear that He Who Dies With The Most Toys is doomed to eternal uselessness in my deck.