Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Monty Python Feedback Feedback

  • From"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 5 Aug 2008 16:10:18 -0500
The question for me is is this being made for Monty Python fans to
pull them into Fluxx, or Fluxx fans to introduce them to Python/give
them another name?

If it's the former, those 'whining purists' are going to be the people
who are going to buy your deck sight unseen from websites and con
booths, even if they don't know the game.

If it's the latter, then go for whatever name flows smoothest.

I wasn't suggesting Google for a scientific study -- but I think it's
reasonable to assume that Monty Python fans are a subset of your
standard garden variety geek, and your geeks are the folks that do
huge tribute websites, read and write thousands of posts on usenet,
etc.etc.  It's just a geek culture gutcheck for me.

Laurie

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower
April 16, 1953