Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Multi-deck Fluxx: rules to make it work (differently)!

  • FromSeth Ruskin <rathorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 7 Mar 2009 09:55:08 -0500

While your rule set seems interesting, you make a point I need to argue with. I've been running Mega Fluxx (which I've called UberFluxx since I've been running games of it at Ubercon and UBCon) for years without having to do more than "remove the repeat rule cards, add the new version in, print out a new sheet of which Keeper equals which Keeper." And it works just fine. I've had games that last an hour, last a half hour, last 15 minutes, last 7 minutes, last 3 minutes, or even last 30 seconds with no complains. Even when I added in Zombie Fluxx and the whole Creeper mechanic. I've had feedback that it was fun and enjoyable, from experienced Fluxx players, and even had people asking if I'd run it outside the convention event time so they can enjoy it even more.

Nothing against your rules, mind you, but you don't need them to make Mega Fluxx -work-. The game works fine without it, as my playtesting has shown over the last few years. Your rules just makes it work -differently-.

YMMV,

Seth Ruskin
aka GnTar, the Evil Teddy Bear Rabbit

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD